On July 28th, CompTIA announced the launch of the new CompTIA AITP member association and the new CompTIA AITP website. An introductory email was sent to all current AITP members, as of July, from Colleen Loeffler Phonwiang, Director, CompTIA AITP. The email explained how to access the new website and your member user profile.
NEW AITP IT Pro members should utilize the new benefits provided by the organization. On the new website, a member will have access to Career Resources, Business Skills Training from Lynda.com, TechTalent career services powered by CompTIA, IT Research, connections to Hub Chapters, Events and Webinars, and various Member Discounts.
The membership structure has been consolidated to include:
- IT Professional Membership: ($99) IT professionals, IT professional career seekers and IT industry leaders.
- Academic Membership: ($69) Educators and administrators from higher education, professional training organizations, schools, not-for-profits and job corps centers.
- Associate Membership: ($249) IT recruiters, financial services, research companies, marketing organizations and other service companies that engage with IT pros.
- Student Membership: FREE! Students enrolled in IT courses with an .edu email address and anticipated graduation date.
- In addition: Honorary memberships will continue as is; AITP Senior, Emeritus and those paying half-price will transition to complimentary national dues with the expectation to pay chapter dues.
More changes will be coming as CompTIA AITP continues to evolve so please update your profile (password and correct email address) and check out the new website for more information. Please look forward for more information as CompTIA will continue to provide email communications about future enhancements and changes to the organizations structure. NEW AITP will continue to adapt as necessary to future changes and we will keep our membership informed as to those changes. This is an exciting time for the organization and our chapter!
–Jay Esty, NEW AITP President 2016-2017–